Today's Free Motion Quilting practice was based on Leah Day's Dresden Daisies however, I modified the design a little. I left off two horizontal petals. This design actually reminds me of something else I've seen but I can't put my finger on it. As you can see, I started off stitching small. It wasn't intentional. I always start off too small. Or at least smaller than I like. They gradually got larger until I finally hit on a size that I like. To make a nicer looking piece I probably should have traveled to the next row via the outside stitching line.
I like this tufted look. I'd like to work them into the pink/green quilt somehow. As an aside, when I make up the next batch of FMQ practice quilt sandwiches, I'm going to leave a wider border of fabric around the outside. By cutting off the fabric so close to the outside stitching line, I don't have much to hold onto.
Follow-up on the chalk markers: I got a little nervous about whether the markings would come out so this morning I handwashed the top. I had to scrub a little on the darker ones, but all the markings came out. I didn't want to wait until after I quilted the top to find out that the markings wouldn't come out. Big relief. Note to self: Save time...follow directions.
Hope you had a good day.