At the camp over the weekend, I painted the ceiling, two coats of paint on the bedroom walls, two coats on the bedroom door and two coats on the back door. I spent a little time raking a path out to the back of the camp but my back can only take so much. What is it they say? How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
The camp came furnished. As I tackle some of the projects, I've been removing or relocating pieces. Against the back door is a dresser. Up until now, it was holding the door from falling over. The door is padlocked to the trim, which was swinging in the breeze and the hinges had been taken off. I moved the dresser away from the door so I could paint it and discovered that a section of the bottom panel had been cut out. You don't suppose that's one of the ways that the mice are getting in. I haven't actually seen them but I have seen some evidence. My goal is to fill every hole I can find before winter sets in. Most nights I sleep with a fan so I don't have to hear them if they happen to be around but the weather the other night was so cold, I slept without it. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. The camp has been vacant for quite awhile so some parts of the camp are a little scary. But I'm pleased with the changes I've made.
I set up a sewing/ironing space in the kitchen so I can spend some time sewing while I wait for paint to dry. I thought I had everything I needed for sewing since I have duplicates of just about everything but when I broke a needle, I realized I didn't. I also needed a seam ripper so...on the list they go.
I pieced some 4 inch blocks then sewed some of them together to make a valance for the bedroom window. I don't really want curtains for the camp because I don't want to have to spend much time washing and ironing them but I did want something to cover the mechanics of the mini-blinds I installed a few weeks ago.
Hope you had a good weekend.