I'm so proud of myself today. After having my first cup of coffee but before reading blogs, I got myself suited up for cold weather and went for a mile walk. It was sooooo cold. The wind was wicked. But since I've decided I'm going to try to walk 5 days out of 7, I'm headed in the right direction. I walked yesterday too. Back before I started the 501 Project, I used to walk 2-3 miles a day. Then I got so engrossed with quilting...and the internet, some of my better habits kinda fell by the wayside. It's time to change that.
After breakfast and blogs, I took the boxes from my computer, iPad, printer and sewing machine upstairs to the storage locker. It's a job I put off for awhile but I want to use the space they're taking up. Then I cleaned the hall linen/pantry closet. I rolled and tied all the miscellaneous bed quilts, blankets & sheets so that I can fit more into the closet. Before, the quilts & blankets were taking up an enormous amount of space in the walk-in closet. I'm hoping to get the walk-in closet organized enough that I can add a few more storage drawers/bins.
I read a tutorial today for making a Password Journal. I wanted to do something like this because I need to organize my username/passwords in one place. I used a sheet of my handmade paper and cut it to size, punched 5 holes, added stickers then coated the paper with Mod Podge. Then in Word, I created the individual pages and printed, cut and punched those. I printed the pages on card stock but I think that was a little overkill. Plain paper would have been fine. Then using yarn, I bound the booklet using the tutorial Japanese Stab Book Binding Part 2 as a guide. Because my handmade paper isn't super strong, when I opened the booklet, the front cover kinda cracked a little at the fold. I tried repairing it with more Mod Podge but ended up taping it. Next time I'll know to strengthen the fold ahead of time. I also think that using an awl, which is recommended for such bindings, would be better than punching holes with the hole punch. I think that further weakened the paper. The booklet is 4.25 x 5.5 inches. The one in the tutorial for the Password Journal was smaller so that it could be taken along but mine is going to be kept in the desk so I preferred the larger size.
In between steps, I started taking apart a king sized crochet bedspread that I made a little over two years ago. I was going through my crochet phase and wanted an off white bedspread for my bed. It was supposed to be queen size but I got a little carried away. I think it took something like 19 skeins of yarn. Anyway, I finished it and put it on the bed but it was too white. So I added color by weaving red, blue and green yarn through the loops. I put it on the bed for awhile but I never liked it. So today, in my cleaning I decided to take it apart. I pulled out the colored strands of woven yarn and now I'm up to winding the white yarn into balls. I checked all my photos and I can't believe that I never took a picture of it. Too late. Here's what it looks like now.
And last but not least, I read a post today that thoroughly explains what's going to happen when Google Friend Connect goes away. It's the best explanation I've read and for those using Blogger, it will set your mind at ease. You can find the post at Sew I Quilt.
Hope you had a good day too.