I was looking around a little bit ago for a pattern for a winter coat to make for Bailey and found this one by Martha Stewart. Since the pattern was size small, I used the pattern as is. First I sewed together nine 8 inch blocks of fabric I made from scraps. Then I quilted it using some polyester batting, doubled. I cut the pattern and lined it. Before adding the velcro it required, I tried it on Bailey using safety pins. It was too large so I cut it down length wise, neck wise and belly wise. And I added a buttonhole on the back to connect the leash through. After putting Bailey through many fittings, I finally ended up with a coat that I'm happy with. Then I made Bailey model it for photos. Needless to say, he was a little put out.
I made the necessary adjustments to the pattern and will probably make another coat at some point. He also has two sweaters that I made for him but I don't want to make him pose for any more photos right now. Maybe when we head out for our walk.
Hope you have a good day.