When I set up my sewing machine for piecing a week or so ago, after at least a year off, I totally ignored the notes I had taped on the machine. They didn't make sense to me. So I put the 1/4 inch foot on and jumped right in. As I've been working on these blocks, I've been having a problem with points. I figured I was just out of practice. As I was working on the sixth block, I noticed that my needle was not centered in the hole of the foot. Then....the notes made sense. In order to get a truly accurate 1/4 inch seam, I have to adjust the needle to the numbers I had written down. I tested it and now have an accurate 1/4 inch seam. We'll see if that relieves any future points problems. For now, I'm living with the blocks as they are. Here they are sewn together.
At this point it measures 24 x 36. I guess I need to figure out what it's going to be....quilt, wallhanging or table runner.